Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

eye problem that has been diagnosed as horners syndrome

Customer Question

I have an eye problem that has been diagnosed as horners syndrome. But I am not sure it has been diagnosed correctly. I have suffered with it for 2 years. The events precedeing the problem make me wonder if it isn't allergy or infection related. The previous day i was travelling in my car and had a sudden bout of coughing and choking and sneezing. The next day i went fishing and by the end of the fishing trip I was very sick with a head cold. The following day my eye was swollen and puffy. It has been swollen and red ever since, sometimes worse than others but it is constant. It is swollen to the point of being a nuissance in my vision. What are your thoughts
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 8 years ago.
Can you give some more information regarding your question-
- is only one eye affected?
- is there swelling of the eye or the drooping of eyelid, giving the impression that eye is closed?
- is there decreased sweating on the side of face?
- are you on any medicines?
- any other symptoms like headache, ear pain etc?
- kindly specify your age and gender.
Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes only one eye is affected, it doesn't dialate properly, migraines and sinus , only pain on the same side of head as eye that is affected. I take lexapro and blood pressure medicine. I have had a busted ear drum on that side of my head also, and i also have problems with my glands on that side. i am a 60 year old woman.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.