Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

I am a 60 year old male,who uses reading glasses.I have very

I am a 60 year old male,who uses reading glasses.I have very slight bluring of my vision once I enter bright light, first thing in the morning ,which dissapears after half an hour or so.
   Can you give some more information regarding your question-
- have you been operated in any of your eyes?
- any other symptoms like irritation, headache etc?
- are you on any medicines?
- when was your last eye examination?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am in good health.I am involved in work which uses a computer some 8 hours a day.I do find my eyes rather sore and red after these sessions.I have not had my eyes checked for some 20 years.I am using non perscription reading glasses.

I am not on any medication.

Thanks for the information.
The momentary blurring of vision on entering bright light is most probably due to development of early cataract in the central part. When we enter a brightly lighted room, the pupil of our eyes constrict. If there is a cataract in the central part, then that can cause blurring. After sometime the eye adapts to the bright light resulting in mild dilating of pupil, thus causing better vision. I would advise you to get an eye examination done to confirm the same and to look for any need of surgery at this stage.
As far as soreness and redness of eyes after working on computer is concerned, they can be due to dryness of eyes. You can use lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/genteal/optive/systane etc to help relax your eyes. These eye drops are available OTC.