Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Some times I get this feeling that there is a bug crawling

Some times I get this feeling that there is a bug crawling in the inside of my eye crawling from one side to the other. It happens to the point that my eye begins to water trying to get it out. What does this implicate?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

when you say you have a bug crawling, do you mean you feel something in the eyes? How long has this been an issue? what have you tried?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for responding. This has been going on for approximately a month. It feels as if there is a bug on the inside of my eye crawling from the outer corner to the inner. Sometimes it will go in the opposite direction, but mostly it's from the outside in. My eye doesn't twitch, it just a felling of a bug inside of the eye. I haven't tried anything, because the feeling only lastt about a minute and then it's gone. I didn't know what to do or to try.

Hello there

the eyelids are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to feeling and sensation location. Sometimes, even a mild dry eye can feel like there is something in the eyelid or stuck under the eyelid. My suggestion is to try a viscous (oily) artificial tear such as Soother XP or Celluvisc 2-3 times a day and see if this resolves the issue. If it does not, get an ophthalmologist appointment and have your eyes examined. My suggestion typically saves a visit to the eye doctor, Regards, XXXXX XXXXX