Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

My right eye is showing an enlarged blood vessel on the inside

Customer Question

My right eye is showing an enlarged blood vessel on the inside between my nose and the retina. I feel pressure in that eye and I have a slight headache. I also have diabetes but it is under control as best as can be. Should I be alarmed?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

how long has this been an issue? Is it a blood vessel that has burst? is it a collection of blood vessels? is it hurting?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its only been for a couple of hours (ever since I woke up at 5pm est) I work third shift and go to bed around 8-9am est. I took some tylenol about a half hour ago and it helped. The eye no longer shows the enlarged vessel. It did not appear to have burst and all of them did seem larger on the inside of my eye but the main feeder was the most prominant. It was hurting about a 4 scale but since the tylenol I feel fine.
This can happen when you have irritation on the surface of the eye, typically it is nothing worrisome, get yourself some artificial tears such as optive or celluvisc and use them every few hours and it will help reduce the redness, I wish you well, Dr. Stevens