Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

I have a like growth thing on my eye. Its clear like a film

I have a like growth thing on my eye. It's clear like a film but it's hard and wont come off. It's on the white of my eye. I went to emergency and they couldn't get it off either. It doesn't hurt but it's biggish and irritating.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Can you give some more information regarding your question-
- is the growth coming from the inner side of the eye on to the black portion i.e. cornea.
- since when is the growth present?
- kindly specif your age and gender.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is coming from the inside of my eye, near my nose. I have only seen the growth yesterday but it could have been there longer, as it is sort of out of sight, unless I turn my eye to the right. I am 31 years old and a female.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
What you are describing is called ptreygium.
This is the growth of the conjunctiva i.e. tissue from white portion of eye onto the cornea (black portion of eye). It is usually a fleshy type growth. The cause for this is either allergy of eye or eye dryness. If the ptreygium is progressive, then it needs to be removed. But if it is not very large, then by using eye drops this can be stopped there. You can use lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/genteal/optive/systane eye drop. Also, anti-allergy eye drops like zaditor help in reducing any allergy if present. In the meantime, you can get an evaluation by an Ophthalmologist to look for need of surgery.