Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

recently had laser treatment to repair a torn retina..back

Customer Question

Hello ,I have recently had laser treatment to repair a torn retina and was told that it could take up to 3 months to correct, yesterday I have experienced alot of cloudiness and I am concerned to what would cause this, do I need to go back to my Ophalmologist ?or is this normal ,he suggested after the op that sometimes an explosion of debris can occur.thankyou Maggie
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
   If there is a profound decrease in vision in one day, then it can indicate a retinal detachment. Close the other eye with your hand and try to look form the treated eye. If you feel there is marked decrease in vision then you would need to see your doctor immediately. But if there is some fogging or blurring of vision, then you can wait to schedule an appointment. If you are having a retinal detachment, then you might need a surgery.