Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

cataract removed from my left eye on 25th of February

I had cataract removed from my left eye on 25th of February. It was checcked and found OK on 16th March. I had a severe pain on 21st March and managed to see optamologist yesterday 24th March. I woke up this morning and my left eye is now as if a film is pulled over it and appears even worse than before I had the cataract removed. Please advice on what to do immediately. I am far away frpm Moorfields hospital.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
   an you give some more information regarding your question-
- when you consulted your doctor on 24th March after the pain, was there any change in treatment or complication in the operated eye?
- are you on any other medicines for diabetes/hypertension etc?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I saw clearly witrh the left eye after the operation but now my vision is misty. I am not diabetic so no other medication than the eye drops
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
In post operative cases, the most common complications which can cause profound decrease in vision are endophthalmitis (infection in the eye), glaucoma (sudden ride in pressure of the eye), uveitis (inflammation of the eye).
All the above complications are serious and vision threatening. You would need to see your Ophthalmologist immediately. If the cause is endophthalmitis, then every minute counts. You might need injections in the eye or surgery depending on the diagnosis.