Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

I was rubbing my left eye a lot about an hour ago now it is

I was rubbing my left eye a lot about an hour ago now it is all puffy, half closed and watering. I then remembered I was rubbing my eye after I was playing with my cat. I noticed my cat had a little blood on his chin so I wiped it off. Not sure if my eye is condition is related to that. It seems like I have some kind of allergic reation. What can I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

you are having an allergic reaction. If you have a drug store nearby, you need to get two items. First is saline eye wash and use it to irrigate the eye thoroughly. Second you can get some Ophcon or Naphcon and use it in that eye. 3rd you can apply cool compresses to the eye to help soothe it. If you cant get to a store, just use some clean water to wash the eye and apply cool compresses. Taking some oral Benadryl can also be helpful, good luck Dr. Stevens