Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

For the past year my left eye goes blurry. It happens no matter

For the past year my left eye goes blurry. It happens no matter what Im doing and even if Im wearing my glasses. It usually only lasts about a minute or so but recently it has lasted more than 20 minutes or longer before my vision returns to normal. I constantly have eye pain and headaches. My top lip and around the top of my mouth also go numb sometimes. I dont have insurance and I dont really know what kind of doctor I need to see.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
You do need an eye evaluation by an Ophthalmologist.
The symptoms of intermittent blurring of vision can be due to glaucoma (a potentially blinding condition if not treated), a sudden increase in blood pressure causing swelling in the nerve of the eye, one of the symptoms of ocular migraine.
I an understand that without insurance it is difficult, but your symptoms should not be ignored and you need to consult an ophthalmologist to rule out the above conditions.