Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

I wear my contacts 95% of the year. This past week I wore my

I wear my contacts 95% of the year. This past week I wore my glasses as I was waiting for new contacts. After putting the new contacts in I can still "feel" the glasses and see a "rim" around my eyes like I am still wearing them. This has lastest almost 2 days now and it is annoying and makes me feel a little dizzy. Have you ever heard of that before?
   Can you give some more information regarding your question-
- have you changed the company of the contact lens?
- has the power changed?
- ave you changed the contact lens solution?
- are there any symptoms like redness, irritation etc?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No problem

- The company has not changed

- Yes, the power in the left eye was decreased and the right eye now has a "toric (sp?) for my astig

-haven't changed solutions

-no redness or irritation at all....just this annoying feeling that my glasses are still "on"

I am hoping it will just go away on it's own.

Thanks for the information
Sometimes with a new pair of contact lenses, it takes time for the cornea to mold according to the curvature of contact lens. This is usually achieved in 4-6 days. As long as there are no other symptoms like redness, irritation, pain, blurring of vision, there is no need to worry. But if the uncomfortable persists, then you need to consult your Ophthalmologist to see that the contact lens is fitting properly and is not overly loose.