Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I have sudden floaters in my right eye, they look like black

I have sudden floaters in my right eye, they look like black threads, also my vision is very blurry . Is this cause for alarm?
   I am an Ophthalmologist and would like some more information-
- kindly specify your age and gender.
- are you using spectacle, if yes, what power?
- have you been operated previously in the affected eye?
- do you have diabetes/hypertension etc?
- close one eye and then the other to see that whether the vision in the right eye is very less, do you have a cloud like vision in the affected eye?
Regards
A sudden occurring of black floaters along with blurring of vision indicates a detachment of the retina of the eye. This requires a complete eye evaluation by dilating the pupil and if retinal detachment is present, then you would need surgery as soon as possible for a good vision prognosis after surgery. I would advise you to an eye evaluation as soon as possible to prevent further deterioration of vision.
Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes my vision is very cloudy, no surgery or injury . I am 65 , I take a lot of medication and have many health problems, this keyboard is very hard to see . I do have a small cataract in my left eye and just saw an eye surgeon about 3 weeks ago . The black stringy things and blurry vision is in my right eye . Do yuo need more?
Your expert has signed off for the time being, but with what you have stated, it is imperative you get evaluated today or first thing in the morning if today is not possible. Please press ACCEPT to onw of the earlier answers if you find the answers here helpful.
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Board Certified Ophthalmologist