Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Hi ive recently noticed a type of skin forming over my eyes

Customer Question

Hi ive recently noticed a type of skin forming over my eyes from my nose out do you have any idear what this may be.There is no blurred vision or pain i would appreciate your advice as im extremley concerned.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello Caroline

what is your age? How long have you noticed this? Is it a reddish tissue that is growing on the inner corner and into the cornea (towards the pupil)? Is it both eyes or one?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am 32yrs old and i noticed it about a month ago the colour is a off white creamy colour and it is in both eyes.

Hello there

this is a pingueculum. It is a growth on the surface of the eye that is benign and common. It occurs more commonly in folks who are out in the sun alot. It is thought to be from UV exposure. If they are bothersome or very large, an ophthalmologits can surgically remove it but typically they dont need excision. Make sure you use sunglasses when outdoors to prevent them from getting much bigger. Also, lubricating eye drops may help with discomfort associated with them. I hope this is the info you needed, if not, please let me know, Regards XXXXX

Please press accept so I can get paid for my work, Thanks XXXXX