Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

on the actual whites of my eyes i have a little tiny yellowish

on the actual whites of my eyes i have a little tiny yellowish bump on each eyes ball. Please could you tell me what this is or means. And how can i improve the whites of my eyes. I am 39 and eat fairly healthy.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
   I am an Ophthalmologist and would like some more information regarding your question-
- kindly specify your gender.
- are there any symptoms on your eyes like itching, redness, irritation etc?
- do you do a lot of traveling or outdoor activity?
- are you on any medicines?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I may now feel a slight irriation in one eye as i an aware of it again. I had them last year and have only in the last week noticed them again. so perhaps they went away for the winter. Sometimes i excidently sleep with the light on. I have done alot of travelling and outdoor activity in the past but i have suffered anxiety attacks in the last few months over other things things, not relating to my health. Can diet improve the whites of my eyes? Could I have high colestral? And no I am not on any medicines other from taking piriton occassionally.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Oh i am female.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
The yellow spots on the conjunctiva (white portion of eye) is mostly due to eye allergy or excessive exposure to dust and sunlight. The treatment for this is to always use goggle or dark glasses in the sun, apply cold compresses on the eye lid (with ice or cotton dipped in cold water), using lubricating eye drops like refresh tears and avoiding dusty environment.
If you are experiencing itching in the eyes, then you need to use anti-inflammatory eye drops like zaditor. These eye drops are available over the counter.
Sometimes these yellow spots might remain ack despite treatment also.