Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I am just getting over a virus (flu or bad cold ). Two days

I am just getting over a virus (flu? or bad cold?). Two days ago I began feeling a pressure behind my right eye. While it is lessening, when I look to the side, or up or down, I feel a sharp pain. Could this be due to a sinus infection?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
How is the vision? is there any change in the vision at all? any headaches? Tell me more about the pain? have you used any drops?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have used Visine A drops. They do seem to help the dry eye feeling. My vision seems to be the same although a bit more blurry when reading. There was a headache at first, but not anymore. The pain is kind of an ache. I do not feel it when I look straight ahead, only when I pull my eye to the side or look up.

Hello there

your discomfort is probably from fluid building up in the sinuses and causing referred pain. I am concerned about the eye pain with movements, if this worsens at all or there is any change in vision in that right eye I want you to be seen by an ophthalmologist. I would be concerned about a particular condition, however we do not need to get ahead of ourselves at this point. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens