Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

black marks in vision pressure in eyes and head

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
How long have you had the black marks in the vision? Are you experiencing any flashing lights? have you had any surgeries or trauma? Are you very near sighted?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Black floaters are similar to when you look at a bright light except those ones are green usually. Have been having them for 10 days or so. No flashing lights. Had a lazy eye that was operated on when a child (35 years ago) and had some ulcers due to contact lense infection 2/3 years ago which were scraped by eye hospital at the time. They did not cover the important bit but were reasonably close. And finally I am Long Sighted (+3.75 in both eyes)

thanks for providing me some info. Things that seem to float in your vision are imperfections in the gel in the back of the eye (vitreous). Since these have developed recently, you should have your eyes examined. The reason is that this may simply be floaters in the gel, as a normal consequence of the aging eye, however it may also be a sign of a torn or detaching retina. You should be seen in the next few days, however, if you experience increasing floaters, new flashes of light (often described as an arc of light off to the side), or a blind spot or curtain in your vision, you should be evaluated tomorrow. I hope this helps, Sincerely

Dr. Stevens