Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I have had tears in my retina and two surgeries. There is

I have had tears in my retina and two surgeries. There is a man in my company who has experienced similar and worse problems. In a company that we partnership with in Indiana, another man had retina detachment and surgery. Is there any possibility that our work environment has anything to do with these issues? I work for a company that makes bearings and our partner provides the raw material for these bearings. My eyes still are not in good shape. I have another appt. with retina specialist and I never know the outcome.

Hello there

It is very unlikely that what you do at work has a direct relationship to your retinal issues. You see, those are actually quite common, with near sighthedness being a major risk factor for spontaneous tears and detachments, hope this helps put you at ease, Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist