Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

my eyes are sore at teh back of my eyeballs. could be the

my eyes are sore at teh back of my eyeballs. could be the back of my eyes or muscles at the back of my eyes. it's sore when i move my eyes around. what could be causing thus? Thanks

Hello there

What is your age and sex? How long has this been going on? What makes it better? Are you having any decrease in vision?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am male aged 32. it only started yesterday. it's not very sore just uncomfortable and strange. nothing aleviates it. it's more pronounced when look up/down/sideways. i don't think there's any decrease in vision.

Have you been doing more work than usual requiring your eyes to focus more, as in sitting at a PC longer than usual? Do you have glasses that you usually wear and if so have you been wearing them? Is that discomfort in both eyes? Have you tried some ibuprofen? Any medical problems or other associated symptoms?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

haven't been working more than usual. I don't wear glasses. yes, discomfort is in both eyes. I haven't tried ibuprofen but I will now. I've no other symptoms or medical problems.

I was in Boston, USA last weekend for a few days and flew back to Dublin on Monday night. It was only a 6 hour flight and a 5 hour time difference. Could this have anything to do with it? I have been well rested since so wouldn't have thought so.

I dont think the travel had much to do with this. I suspect this is nothing worrisome, but this could be the beginning of something more serious though unlikely. I suggest monitoring your vision carefully, each eye individually, and seeing if the discomfort intensifies at all. Be checked out if it persists past today or intensifies or causes any vision changes, double vision or severe headache or nausea. I wish you well Dr. Stevens