Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Mother had land in occupied Cyprus which is worthless. How

Customer Question

Mother had land in occupied Cyprus which is worthless. How can I get written evidence of this fact?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: It is not developed and has no prospects.Need evidence of this for inheritance tax form.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean. I have the deeds.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your mother owns the land then the proof of her ownership would be in the deed records in Cyprus. This would mean you need someone there to go to the land records and obtain a copy of the deed. If you have nobody there to assist you need to hire a lawyer there because as you are heirs there will need to be probate done in Cyprus because the land is located there and the law requires probate in the country where the land is located. So this is going to require an attorney there which you can get at the same sites used by other attorneys. Http://www.hg.org