José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am seeking a English speaking, Spanish immigration lawyer.

Customer Question

I am seeking a English speaking, Spanish immigration lawyer. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: I am marrying a Spanish citizen and I will be relocating to Spain but will need to travel back to the US while I wrap up my business and other things. I need to know the requirements for obtaining Spanish citizenship in a timely manner.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 24 days ago.

Hi there. José M spanish atorney I will answer your question now

Expert:  José M. replied 24 days ago.

To get the spanish citizenship you need to inscribe the marriage into spanish civil register, his procedure could take one year because before you get marriage you have to start a legal procedure at the spanish embassy or here in Spain at the civil register

Expert:  José M. replied 24 days ago.

You will need ...

1. certified literally from birth. Legalized and translated into its caso.2. Certificate of bachelorship or, the case of being divorced, marriage certificate with annotation of divorce or testimony of the judgment of divorce. Legalized and traducido.3. Certified issued by the Consulate of the country of origin of the citizen overseas in Spain that accredits the capacity to contract marriage (some records not you require). 4. Certificate issued by the Consulate of the country of origin of the foreign citizens in Spain on the need for publication of edictos.5. Consular registration certificate issued by the Consulate of the country of origin of the foreign citizen in espana.6. Passport or NIE in vigor.7. Certificate of registration of the foreign spouse.

Expert:  José M. replied 24 days ago.

Your partner will need...

1 literal birth certificate l.2. Certificate of registration of the last two years at the castastro.3. ID card or passport .4. Faith of life .5. If divorced, attested sentence of divorce or marriage certificate with marginal annotation of divorce.

Expert:  José M. replied 24 days ago.

Its not a fast procedure, It could take one year time

Ask whatever you need Thank you