Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  Attorney
13262538

Brett and I received a notice from someone that works for a

Hello,My name is ***** ***** I received a notice from someone that works for a bank in Madrid Spain called Banco Caixa Penedes and informed me that I was the benefactor of large sum of money and that I need to send money order to a diplomat so they can deliver my check.I believe that this is a scam because now days you can do wire transfer from any bank in the world to another bank.So I would like to be able to send copies to you to look over to make sure that they are a scam,so can you please respond as quickly as you can ,thank you .
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My state if California,and the so called bank is supposed to be in Madrid Spain
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The person who contacted me from the bank sent me all kind of documents,one says from the high court of justice Madrid ,Spain and another says Probate Order
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that what ever he/she needs to see I can fax to you

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I do not need to see the paperwork to be certain that this is a scam although I will look at them if you wish

If you were indeed the beneficiary of a gift you would not have to pay a diplomat to benefit from it - the global banking system is in place to ensure that money can be transferred with out any such concerns