Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert

Please can I extend my italy visa I deliver a baby girl on

Customer Question

Please can I extend my italy visa I deliver a baby girl on tuesday and doctor ask me to bring the baby for check on the 18 of october and my visa is expire by the n
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: NO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I came to italy on tuesday and I deliver a baby on that day and I want to confirm if they can extend my visa
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I travel from nigeria to italy on tuesday and I deliver here on tuesday and my visa will expire next week and the doctor ask me to bring back the baby after 3 weeks for proper check up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can extend your Italian visa by going into Italian Immigration with proof of the serious personal reason, which can include medical treatment or care for you or your newborn. So you need to get something from the doctor saying that the baby needs to be examined and you need to bring that to the local Italian Immigration office near you and ask for an extension of your visa to allow you to do so. Italian Immigration generally will approve such an extension for a medical reason.