INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I recently was an associate professor in Turkey, and now

Customer Question

I recently was an associate professor in Turkey, and now have been staying in the US for 2 months since the last military coup attempt . Is that possible for me to apply for asylum seeker in the one of Scandinavian countries what is possibility to get accepted there? My passport will expire in a month.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please let me know if you need more information ? Thanks
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 1 month ago.

You can apply for asylum seeker status in a country only if you are physically in this country.

For your application to receive a favorable outcome, you will be asked to document that your life or freedom is seriously threatened in Turkey. You will need to show why you would be personally targeted by repression or worse.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reply. My question was that I am staying in the US now and will go to the one of the Scandinavian countries to apply as asylum seeker there! Am I eligible for it since I will be coming from the one of safest country? And I got charged for being as a Fethullah Gulen Follower.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The government lunched the administrative and criminal investigation for Fethullah Gulen followers as labeling it "FETO" terrorist organization. I am wondering if you are familiar this issue?