INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

My parents own land worth over 1 million euros in North

Customer Question

My parents own land worth over 1 million euros in North Cyprus (the land is unoccupied) and they have the title deeds (pre 1974)The turkish goverment say they will buy it but this might take years. How can they sell it in the near future
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Parent live in Nicosia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Parents are Greek Cypriots
Category: European Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the land is in their name and they have deeds, have they engaged a real estate agent in North Cyprus to market the land for sale?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Land is in there name and they have the deeds. Its not just a case of picking up the phone and ringing an agent in northern cyprus these 2 countries dont really get on that well.