José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I own assets in both Florida, USA and in the island of

Customer Question

I own assets in both Florida, USA and in the island of Trinidad & Tobago. I am a dual-citizen of both countries and hold passports for both countries. I live in Trinidad and will die there.
Can I do 2 wills- one for Trinidad assets and another for USA bank accounts. I have no debts.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

When we have assets in two countries, the best is to make one will and inscribed it even translated with need it at the register for it in each country

So, one will, for both countries

When we make two differents wills, the problems will become real for sure

José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I only own bank accounts in the USA where my 20 yr old son is the sole named beneficiary. Even if I make no USA will he still gets it by simply showing my death certificate. Is that not correct?

Expert:  José M. replied 4 months ago.

Well, if there is just one beneficiary may be no problms risk, but in all cases my advice is to inscribe the will in both countries

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

What does it mean to "inscribe"? Do you mean, I can have a USA lawyer witness my signature and then I can take the same will to Trinidad and have my Trinidad lawyer also witness it at another date.

Expert:  José M. replied 4 months ago.

Well, that all you need them

That was that I meant To make it legal

Thank you