Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I had a good job in Qatar was offered a loan of £50000 on my

Customer Question

hi I had a good job in Qatar was offered a loan of £50000 on my salary then as I knew I was going to terminated and made a quick excuse to get a exit visa as i knew I could be in trouble without a job how do I stand now and what are my options
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I mean at the time of taking the loan I had no idea I would be made redundant a few months later I had everything going for me it was a shock to be honest then I panicked and got out quick as I heard many stories with people unable to pay back
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter? You left the UAE without paying the loan back, which in the UAE can be grounds for them to file a criminal arrest warrant for you, BUT it is only valid in the UAE, no other country will honor it, so unless you return to Qatar, you would not be arrested. But you are liable for repaying the loan so you need to try to make arrangements with the lender to do so.