I am married in Hong Kong 8 years ago. I have filed a

Customer Question

I am married in Hong Kong 8 years ago. I have filed a divorce last year and the last step that I did was to file a motion to set a hearing date regarding my case last April 2016. The Family Court said that I need to wait 29 days before they send me a court order , however no letter from them until now. What will be the best next step?
Category: European Law
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-n713lhkm- replied 4 months ago.
Good morning. The court has 29 days to set a date, but due to the heavy court schedules they often take much longer. You should call the court and see if you can move along the calander date, but in my experience you should wait. The time you are waiting is not unusually long.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when you say set the hearing date, does that mean I need to attend the hearing? we don't have kids and no conjugal properties.
She is now in prison in Hong Kong Correctional and was about to deport to Bangkok in two months time, does it affect our case? I didn't visit her in prison even though she sent me a letter asking me to visit her.

Because this is Hong Kong Courts, I will opt out. Do not reply and another attorney will assist.