How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 95
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your European Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the process a work visa to work in the EU? I am

Customer Question

what is the process for acquiring a work visa to work in the EU? I am willing to consider almost any country. I am trying to bring a freelance business to the EU market. the most work is in the UK, however I am also considering Italy, Hungary and Germany.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.


What nationality are you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
united states
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.


I can only provide information on UK law

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok. so how does this work from here? I would be interested in knowing how the UK handles certain work permits
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.

In the UK, you can apply for a tier 2 visa, however, this would require ano employer to sponsor yiur application. Therefore, you must secure employment first.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've read that on the internet. my question is regarding self employment
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.

In what type of field?

Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.

The only types of visa that are currently available are the entrepreneur visa or the investor visa. Both require a large sum of funds to be invested into the uk

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok. i'll try to be more specific.I do control system programming for smart homes and offices.I want to setup shop over there.would uk companies be able to hire and american company? 90% of the work is done online. I could keep my company based in the US, but i want to be able to put clients at ease if they considered hiring per job...
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.

Would you primarily be based in the UK?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that's just it, i could be based anywhere, but the majority of the clients are in uk.I'm trying to figure out this digital nomad thing...