Buachaill
Buachaill, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
53108719

I own 18,500 sq mts of prime building land and have a

Customer Question

I own 18,500 sq mts of prime building land and have a Russian buyer @ 2 miilion euros. BUT, the council want 500 thousand up front from me to put in all infastructure but cannot say when the work will be done. Would you pay up front for this? And does the constructor not put in all infastructure.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.
1. This is in answer to your further query. For some reason, the website is not letting me open the question for further responses. In Spain, there is no guarantee that your roads and services will be put in immediately you pay the infastructure charge. Every council in Spain is a bit boom & bust - like the economy. So, the issue of when your roads and services will get put in depends upon the current budgetary situation of the Council. Not upon when you pay the monies. The monies you put forward for the roads and services might go to plug some other budgetary hole, with your roads and services only being put in when the money comes available to do so. I know of no legally enforceable way to force the Council to deliver your roads and services when you give the money.