INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Pearl JA: How can we help? Customer: .

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: How can we help?
Customer: My name is***** and I am living and working in the UK as a doctor although still a Pakistani National.mi applied for a Schengen visa to visit Sweden and Spain but got rejected on the basis that one or more countries consider me a threat to internal security and public health.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm speechless. I have no criminal record and a passport full of visas and always travel compliant.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello pearl. Payment submitted
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
What do you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can I satisfy them that I am not a threat to theiron internal security. I've had Schengen Visas before and have had no issues till last year. Can you guide me towards the right procedure?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
I am afraid that this is going to be an issue for either a Swedish lawyer or a Spanish lawyer because it is those individual countries which have the right to grant visitors Visa or not.I will opt out in case any other expert has any further information for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I contacted the Swedish embassy in London who told me that it's usually a case of mistaken identity and usually resolves on appeal. I appealed along with a police clearance certificate from the UK and a few reference letters from my superiors. Unfortunately the court upheld the decision based on earlier observations.