José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

My name is ***** *****. And someone is blackmailing me

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. And someone is blackmailing me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I sent a dirty pic to a girl and she will post my pic to my Facebook friends if k don't pay her 300 bucks. But I deactivated my account for Facebook can she still send it to my Facebook friends?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi thereIts a simple scam and the answwr is to denounce to the PolicePaying is the best way to have to pay in futureJust not pay an denounceThank you
Expert:  EULawyer replied 6 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry for your situation. I understand that your question is, if you deactivated your Facebook account, can the person in question send the picture to your Facebook friends.The answer is yes, but only if she knows who your Facebook friends are. As you know, the default setting on Facebook is to allow messages from strangers as well, which go into your 'Other' message tab. If she made a list, or remembers friends of yours from Facebook, she can message them with your picture.However, if she does not already know who your friends are, it is very hard for someone to deduce this out of nothing, since your deactivated account will not show up in a search, nor on your friends' 'Friends list' anymore.I would not rest too assured, though. If she has your e-mail and / or phone number, I can tell you from experience (I worked with Private Detectives before) that it requires only a modicum of skill to find out real life connections of someone. Therefore, I would advise you to consider the options discussed in this page for legal options.I hope my answer is useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.Cordially,Dr I L Vlad
Expert:  EULawyer replied 6 months ago.
Please make sure you rate the right expert!Thank you.
Expert:  José M. replied 6 months ago.
If you desactivate your account you will probe your afraid and then they will keep on the extorsionGet your real freedom denouncing the facts to the policeThank you