José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Summoned to court in Tenerife after an arrest in 2014 JA:

Customer Question

Summoned to court in Tenerife after an arrest in 2014
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband was arrested for domestic violence. I did not press charges. He was given a court date but we flew home so missed it. He did inform the legal rep that he couldn't make the date. We arrived back on the island on Friday and two police turned up informing him of a court date today. What can we expect?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi thereJosé M spanish atorneyViolence charges in Spain are a serious criminal action and even your husband will be judged in an special court for this subjet. Is the only country in the worg which has special courts for the subjet.You will need an atorney, look for an speking english oneThey will inform that they could provide with one but but could demand an speking english one or one of your election and even to delay the judment for thatOnce the atorney listen the charges and your husband they will decide the better way of defendPlease ask if you need more help. Thank you