José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have a spanish court order against me presume civil

Customer Question

i have a spanish court order against me presume civil for property contract dispute from 2008, they developers threatened court action in UK but never carried it out. want to go on hols will i be arrested on entry to spain
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

You have no risk to enter spain for civil debts

Police does not care and have no info about civil debts as it is not a criminal action noy paying debts

Enjoy your travel up if you come here and do not worry

Thank you

José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thnk you. how could i find out if the order still exists in the Almera court, i dont speak spanish and is there a time limit on them ie if nothing happens do they expire. I would like to get it removed if possible, any suggestions
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Civil debts do not left orders at court. Its imposible to know even for you

Its a matter of the creditor to find you and try to get the debt with the legal wys he has to seize you goods or rights

No warrant, no order againts you are admisible

If the creditor wants his money has to ask the court to seize wathever you have in Spain, but in no case you have a risk to be arrested

If you want to have my mobile number I will send you an offer. You could speak with me all the time if needed

Thank you