INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a gh ranking position in a private pharmaceutical

Customer Question

I have a high ranking position in a private pharmaceutical firm. My boss attempted to fire me at the age of 66 (my last working year) and then, after a "hearing" , I was given an ultimatum to either be fired or to be cut back to 60% No logical reason was given. My reviews, including one from last year (2014) have always been excellent, and I received good annual bonuses. In addition, I have not been allowed to attend any professional conferences for the last three years. I was told that the company will not profit from any new training I received because I am into my 60s. Is there grounds for a suit based on age discrimination? I am being forced to take a cutback of 40% in my final year of employment. The answer must be appropriate for Israel, as that is where I reside.

Category: European Law