EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

I am from israel and no longer wish to live here due to the

Customer Question

I am from israel and no longer wish to live here due to the constant state of war, can i apply as a refugee in another country? if yes which countries?
Category: European Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I think I have replied to you in your previous question. I will treat this one as a duplicate. If you do not reply to this one any more, it will go away and you will not be charged.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i was asking about Israel for a reason it was not the same question!!
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your clarification. The answer to this question, regarding Israel, is that normally Israel is considered a safe country for refugee protection purposes. The treatment of persons with Palestinian passports is different from country to country, and there might be protection available, but for Israeli citizens their country is considered safe.

Furthermore, also from Israel, you may not apply to become a refugee unless you are already in the country where you seek refugee status, and then the determination is made on a case by case basis. As I cannot condone any illegal entering of a country in order to gain refugee status, the best way would still be to apply for a humanitarian visa, as described in my other answer.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad