Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  UK Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am a USA citizen. I am dealing with Banco Caixa Penedes.

Customer Question

I am a USA citizen. I am dealing with Banco Caixa Penedes. because I am a heir to money in the bank. How real is this because I have to pay the taxes before I get the money, instead of paying the taxes after I receive the money. How true is this or am I being scammed
Category: European Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Who are you speaking with from the bank - do you have their email address?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Who are you speaking with from the bank - do you have their email address?

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

José m spanish atorney

I need more information about the case but in Spain never a bank look for relativess of persons who has money on them

Probably you are an scam victim

Tell me the data of the bank or the data you got and I will confirm for you

Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

This certainly looks like a scam. Such types of scams, better known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them.

The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:

{C}· You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and promised a large sum of money - it could be anything, such as an inheritance, that money is held for you for some reason, a win of some sort, etc

{C}· Before you are entitled to receive this sum of money, you are asked to pay certain fees, such as legal costs, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, if you would not be expected to pay any fees upfront and the reasons stated are not genuine. This is always the biggest clue – there is absolutely no reason why you should be paying anything before you receive what you are promised.

DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them.

If you wish to report this, the following options are available to you:

· You can forward any scam emails and details to: *****@******.*** and/or *****@******.***

· If the scam originated through the internet, submit a complaint to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre (IC3) by following this link: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you