EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

My grandfather came to Ellis Island and married my U.S,

Customer Question

My grandfather came to Ellis Island and married my U.S, grandmother. I have proof. Do I qualify for a Swedish citizenship?
Timmie Ballard
Category: European Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Your question ended up in the U.S. immigration law forum. You are currently a U.S. Citizen and want to know if you can acquire Swedish citizenship through your grandfather?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the purposes of retiring there or just living there for awhile after our retirement.
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I wanted you to get a response quickly, but since it is not a U.S. immigration question, I have to transfer it to the European Law forum. It might take a little bit as I am not sure if there are any moderators on at the moment as it is a little late. Sorry for any delay. No need to respond to this as it may delay the transfer. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so very much for the quick reply. You're faster than my brother, and he's a P.I. Attorney. Ha,ha,ha. Just a little humor. I appreciate your help. Please have them contact me on my cell phone through text messaging. I will get that faster.(###) ###-#### ***** thank you!
Sincerely, ***** ***** Ballard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there certain countries that we should avoid that have problems with retiring American veterans with the idea of living in their country?
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I have noticed the thread history and that you are inquiring about Swedish citizenship. In order to answer your question, please confirm whether your grandfather was the Swedish citizen. Also, I need to know on which side he was (maternal or paternal), and when (approximately) did his arrival in the US happen.

I am sorry I cannot contact you through text messaging due to the terms of service.

Regarding the other question, I cannot answer being outside the range of my qualifications.

Cordially,

Dr Ioan-Luca Vlad