José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am in Italy as my same sex partner is working as a

Customer Question

I am in Italy as my same sex partner is working as a consultant with WFO a UN agency. I have been here 30 days both Australian nationals The same sex issue is politically delicate no doubt. His contract is at least for another 6 months. How can I stay?
The relationship is of 15 years standing and we have a relation certificate issued by the country of nationality. See earlier question
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
You can ask for an extra time, you will need to declare a reason for that, and your demand coul be denied, but you will be legal as they do not tell you to go
In the other hand you could stay and ask nothing, in most cases they will not care if you overstayed your time, and even if they do they will not charge you with fine or similar
If I were you I will not ask for the extra time and stay ilegal
Another chance is to ask for a tourist visa to another country as Spain, once you got it you are free to stay in Italy...
Check this link
http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/how-to-legally-stay-in-europe-for-more-than-90-days/
Thank you