Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)
46873171

I am an American Citizen, My partner is Austrian (we are not

I am an American Citizen, My partner is Austrian (we are not married) and she is pregnant with our Child. Am I eligible for any kind of legal residence, I am not concerned about a right to employment as much as residency. Thanks
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am willing to wait for an answer. thanks

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX willing to wait for up to two weeks.

Matthew

Thank you for your patience while we continue our search.
If you live with your partner and are to be a support to her and the child, yes, you may apply for residency as the parent of an EU child. The resident status will grant you the right to work in Austria and other EU countries provided these conditions are met (as well as other conditions like blank criminal record,...) Of course you must officially recognize the child as yours in the first place!
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience: Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)