Ask TKenney, Ph.D. LawyerAvocat Your Own ...

TKenney, Ph.D. LawyerAvocat
TKenney, Ph.D. LawyerAvocat, Attorney
Experience:  French lawyer, European law lawyer, 10+ years experience

If any one has already two wives according to the law of his

Customer Question

If any one has already two wives according to the law of his homeland before getting permanent residence permit in Sweden, then what shall he do, because according to Swedish family law anyone can have only one wife, in such complication how he can bring his one wife or both, is there any relief in Swedish law for such person?

Because now for almost one year has gone that I applied for residence permit of my first wife and my children but migrationsverket is delaying and saying that in my case there is only a complication that I have two wives and according to EU or Swedish law it is difficult or impossible to decide in my case, they informed me most probably decision will be in form of refusal. I explained that I had already married with two women according to the law of my home country before getting permanent residence in Sweden, I did not hide or lie and I did not do any thing wrong or abuse the law of Swedish laws. If I did after getting permanent residence here then it was wrong. Then just because of my this act why whole of my family especially my children are getting punishment and it is delaying and more possibility of decision is refusal. So many people in this world have mysterious relations some has one partner as husband or wife and then they also spend life with other partner as living together. But I do not lie and admit that I have two wives. I have children from my both wives. I know so many people who bring one then show divorce on papers then bring another or flirts with innocent just for getting residence permit, but i don't like such planners, cheaters and liers people, this is their character. I believe laws are made and can bend for human relief and at the end truth is always winner. I think I am getting a punishment of explaining every thing in truth. 

Category: European Law
Expert:  A.Valcke replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.

Let me research this further and get back to you.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I'll wait for your answer. Thankyou.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello Mr. A. Valcke,

I am still waiting for the answer of my question?

Kind regards

Mehr.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have already described in details, ask me what kind of more information you need or questions, I could not find any further question from you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Mr. A.Valcke,

I am still waiting for the answer of my question, every time you wrote formal sentences like yesterday that you have responded me, or you need some more information or questions from my side, but I did not got any more questions, and if you will read I have already written in details all information. If you are still in search of the information from EU law or Swedish law by finding or consulting some books or person, then its ok, I will wait but if you think that on cost of 431 kronor you have given such types of replies as answer then your services are fraud. Sorry..

Regards

Waseem

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 10 months ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello Wendy,

Thank you to contact me, Otherwise I had very bad impression of your this so called 'JUST ANSWER'.

I am still waiting for answer of my question, no matter if you are taking some time to find some expert to give answer of my this question.

Kind regards

Mehr.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 10 months ago.
Your question is open to all of our legal professionals and site researchers. I will mark your question high priority for you.
Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. LawyerAvocat replied 10 months ago.

Hello, if anyone has already two wives according to the law of his homeland before getting permanent residence permit in Sweden, that person might be able to bring over one of his wives and not the other.

You are not being punished. The difficulty in your case is that polygamy in Sweden is illegal. Sweden would have to legalize polygamy in order for you to bring your two wives over. However, legalization of polygamy would run counter to other European nations’ laws and against the trend even in developing countries to outlaw polygamy because of what the Swedes and the other European countries consider as its inherent harm to women and children. There was a proposal to legalize polygamy in Sweden, but it was dropped.

One of the conditions of being granted family rights to bring over family members is that the family situation of the foreigners be legal. Because your marital situation of two wives is considered illegal in Sweden, there is no way you will be able to granted permission to live in an illegal marital situation in Sweden with two wives.

Your only possibility is to take your matter the competent court of jurisdiction in Sweden if you have not passed a legal deadline date for contesting the refusal before a court. At the stage you are at, only a court order can allow you to bring your wives or one of them to Sweden.

what shall he do, because according to Swedish family law anyone can have only one wife, in such complication how he can bring his one wife or both, is there any relief in Swedish law for such person?