José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Following up on the question of whether a offender can

Following up on the question of whether a sex offender can visit Europe. It is 2 years later and the USA has become more proactive about sharing criminal history with foreign nations. Just recently I was stopped at the airport in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, which I've visited many times in the past 5 years with no trouble. After an hour long interview, they allowed me to enter the country. Should I expect the same scrutiny in Europe this year?

My offenses happened over 20 years ago and I have been a law-abiding person ever since.  I will be flying to Amsterdam in a couple weeks - traveling from Mexico City on a direct flight.

Abogado3044 :

Hi there

Abogado3044 :

May be they could stop you for a new interview, as they can do with everybody, but you do not assume risk at all

Abogado3044 :

Your criminal record is not at the reach of european police, so they will no take notice of it

Abogado3044 :

If you are stopped, make the interview with the regular questions and do not say a word about this crminal record and they will let you go

Abogado3044 :

Do not worry about it

Abogado3044 :

José M. spanish attorney

Abogado3044 :

Ask whatever you need in order to have all your doubts solved, and then, when satisfied, please do not forget to rate positivly my service

Abogado3044 :

Thank you and have a good day

Customer:

Thank you for your answer. So the passenger list sharing that has begun recently has no bearing on my chances of being detained at customs and immigration? I've heard that the UK has begun sharing that same information and notifying destination countries of a traveler's criminal history. The USA has had plans to do that for years so it concerns me that I might have this same issue come up.

Abogado3044 :

In order to be detained you have to be criminals wanted list, people who is seek even in his own country and the court had make a international detention order

Abogado3044 :

Only very hard crimes, drugs, murders, and this kind of criminal actions are susceptible to gey an inetrnational order

Customer:

OK - I'm not wanted and I haven't committed any crimes, so that won't be a problem. That makes me feel a little better about the trip. Thanks again.

Abogado3044 :

International detentions orders are for very bad criminals

Abogado3044 :

Thank you Sir

Abogado3044 :

Do not worry about it

Abogado3044 :

I will be here if needed

Customer:

So INternational Detention orders are only issued for wanted criminals and not for just general purposes

Abogado3044 :

Yes

Abogado3044 :

Its very hard to get an international order even for the judge

Customer:

I can imagine...that would be a difficult system to manage

Abogado3044 :

Only crimes with international relevance got it

Abogado3044 :

Of course, not aall kind of crimes, are susceptible to get it, Minors crimes never are

Customer:

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to visiting Europe with my friends and they will be happy that I get to join them there.

Abogado3044 :

Enjoy the visit up and do not worry about it