José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

my wife and 4 children are residing in Norway as they are Norwegian

Customer Question

my wife and 4 children are residing in Norway as they are Norwegian nationals iam Pakistani national and currently residing in Norway with my family on 90 days schangen visa it question that how can I get long term schangen visa
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi Sir

Abogado3044 :

José M spanish solicitor

Abogado3044 :

Did you inscribe your marriage in the Norway civil register?

Abogado3044 :

Once you will do it you will get a permanent visa to stay

Abogado3044 :

Visa for applying for / waiting for a decision on an application for family immigration (type D)

If you wish to come to Norway through family immigration you must, as a rule, have been granted a residence permit before entering Norway. However, in certain circumstances you may enter Norway before you have been granted a residence permit. In such cases, you need an entry visa if you are subject to the visa requirement – a visa for applying for or waiting for a decision on an application for family immigration.

It is only the following family members who may apply for a type D visa:

• the spouse of a Norwegian national who is living in Norway or plans to settle here, and any children they have together
  • the spouse of a Nordic national who has lived in Norway for the past three years, and any children they have together
  • the spouse of a foreign national who has a permanent settlement permit, and any children they have together
  • the spouse or child of a foreign national who has an individual permit to work in a group, and any children they have together
  • the spouse of a foreign national who has a work permit as a skilled worker, and any children they have together

The embassy processes the application. The embassy may only give a D visa if it is very likely that you will be granted a residence permit. If, for example, the sponsor does not fulfill the income requirement , the embassy cannot give you such a visa.

In order to apply you must therefore hand in a visa application form as well as all the necessesary documentation for a family immigration application (if you have not already handed in this documentation). You hand in the application at the nearest embassy that handles applications for residence.

You can apply for an entry visa before, at the same time or after you have applied for a family immigration permit.

If you get such a visa you can travel to Norway and hand in your application for family immigration to the police or wait for a decision on an application for family immigration which you have already submitted at the embassy.

If your application is rejected by the embassy, you can appeal to the UDI, who will look at your application again.

Please note that if you are granted an entry visa, this is not a guarantee that you will be granted a family immigration permit.

If you have not applied for and been granted a temporary work permit, you are not entitled to work during the visa period. Nor are you entitled to schooling, Norwegian language tuition and certain other benefits while you are waiting for your application to be processed.

Customer :

I have married in Pakistan in 1992 my wife is nor wegian national ihave 4kids and they are also Norwegian nationals

Abogado3044 :

You have to inscribe the marriage in the closer civil register if it is not and then you could get a permenent visa to stay there

Customer :

is it possible for me to get long term Schengen visa

Abogado3044 :

Sure

Customer :

how?

Abogado3044 :

Contact the closer civil register and inscribe the marriage

Abogado3044 :

I will be here if needed

Abogado3044 :

Please tell me what could I do for you

Abogado3044 :

You need to contact the closer civil register and inscribe your marriage and with it inscribed to ask for a permanent visa a a relative of Norwegian person

Abogado3044 :

What papers are required when I am to get married abroad?

The marriage authorities in the country where you are getting married will tell you which papers are required. Read more about entering into marriage abroad on the Norwegian Tax Administration’s website (in norwegian).
Do we have to get married before I can come to my boyfriend/girlfriend in Norway?
Not necessarily. If you can document that you have been cohabitants for more than two years, you have the same rights as a married couple or registered partners. The same applies if you have been cohabitants for less than two years, but have children together. The UDI can also grant residence permits to cohabitants who are expecting children together. Read more about residence permits for cohabitants.
If you are planning to get married and wish to get married in Norway, you can apply for a fiancé permit. Read more about fiancé permits
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.