A.Valcke, Solicitor
Experience:  14+ years experience // Masters in EU Law

(European lawyers preferred) How can I guarantee and or prevent

(European lawyers preferred) How can I guarantee and or prevent that my intellectual property lawyer doesn't steal my intellectual property instead of helping me keep it rightfully mine?
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, yes please I would like to keep on waiting for the answer, thank you.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Thank your for your question.

May I ask in which country your lawyer is registered?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thank you for your answer!, Well I have no lawyer yet I'm searching for one but they should be registered in Switzerland, Thanks!

Thank you for clarifying the issue.

I am researching the issue further and hope to get back to you soon.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! Standing By.

Lawyers are under a duty to keep client information confidential.

Now, when dealing with innovative IP rights, the usual practice in such cases is to ask the law firm to sign up to a confidentiality agreement.

You would need to draft this up yourself and specifically list the IP rights in the agreement.
You can download examples of confidentiality agreements for IP rights from this website (you'll need to register but the documents are free):

Other examples are available too:

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

A. Valcke
A.Valcke, Solicitor
Experience: 14+ years experience // Masters in EU Law

I hope my answer was useful to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

Please don't forget to rate my answer by clicking on a smiley face.

Thanks in advance.