INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

My friend submitted an Application for asylum in Greece 5 years

Customer Question

My friend submitted an Application for asylum in Greece 5 years ago and was granted a "pink card" He is of Nigerian nationality. No final ruling as to the outcome of his asylum application yet. He has during this time completed a university education for a bachelor degree, graduating this year. He is now hoping to go and do a masters degree in Germany. With his asylum process in Greece still pending and all attemps to find out the status or get a ruling has been futile, the question is: Is it possible for a registered asylum-seeker like himself to pursue his wish to study in another European country which has the masters program he is wanting to take? Or does he need to stay on in Greece until his Application is prosessed? Can he get a visa to go abroad for higher education without a final ruling on his asylum? Specifically to Germany. Alternatively, he is desperate enough, after having waited for 5 years, to go across borders illegally and seek asylum elsewhere. How will the Dublin agreement be Applied in such a case, say if he made it to Germany and Applied there. Would they honour the agreement or would they, knowing how the conditions are in Greece still, disregard it for humanitarian reasons? Sincerly, Katrine
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait while you find the right fit. Hopefully it won't be too long as my friend will graduate in october and is eager to see what his options are for the near future!

Sincerly, Katrine

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Katrine,

Your question is open to all European lawyers and site researchers. Let me know if we can be of further assistance.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still hopeful you can find an answer for me so I'll wait!

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Katrine,

Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

At this time, we can offer you two options. You can choose to either have us return your good faith deposit back to its original funding source OR you may keep your deposit in your JustAnswer account to use for a future question.

We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, this was very disapointing. I will prefer my deposit back then.

Thank you for trying