INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

HalloIn an aution 4 of aug I bought a ladys watch Bulova

Customer Question

In an aution 4 of aug I bought a ladys watch Bulova mec. and with diam..
It had ben valued to Nok 70.000 in 1997 from a goldsmith. The bids started on Nok 15.000 and I became the owner for 17.500.
Now I got it valued of Steven Capp:Kr. 2000 - 2500. We have a buyers law here in Norway
§ 19 - 1a - if one complain within 8 days (I think) The reason is the enormous differense between these prices. What do you think? I
wrote this is not acseptable and that I regrett and want my money back .
Category: European Law
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me. I'm not sure this is in the right category though. Where is the online auction located? And where was the seller? Use the reply tab below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I joined the auction which was near my town - looked at the watch before the auction- it looked very nice to me and I thought this was a good buy - untill I got it valuated.

The difference is so enormous - Nok 70.000 contra NOK 2000-2.500.

Even valued in 1997 - such a difference is not acceptable.

The Buyers law is for auctions as well.

But what do you think of this?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 years ago.

This is a US legal category. If this is a European auction, then I need to move the question to a European lawyer. That's why I asked you where the auction was. If the auction and/or the seller are outside of the EU, your Norweigan law may not apply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see this is too special for you to answer - because our lawes are may different.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 years ago.
Right. I agree.

I will opt out of this question and move it to our European Law section. Someone there would be a better match for this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Francinel

This is question for a norvegian laywer but since I have some credit in Justanwer - I just tried.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,