N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Studied comparative and international law.
9653905

Subject: EnquiryHello,I would like some advice on whether

Customer Question

Subject: Enquiry

I would like some advice on whether it would be possible for you to take on my divorce case. I am an Indian citizen and have been estranged from my husband for the past 2 years. I have spent the last 15 months working in the UK to be away from him. Having recently returned to India after my UK work permit finished I have found his behaviour to not have changed and I have fled to the UK on a visitor’s visa to be away from him. I have asked my husband for a divorce from the UK but am in fear of entrapment and physical harm if I return to India. Would it be possible to instigate divorce proceedings from the UK while I am here. If not what are my options. I am in a desperate situation and would appreciate it if your firm could assist me . If I return to India I truly fear for my physical safety.

My marriage is governed by Hindu Marriage Act,195

Yours faithfully

Kirti
Category: European Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
We are only allowed to have contact via this question and answer forum, do you still wish to go ahead?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
How long were you out of the UK?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No sorry I was away from my husband in India from June 2012 until May 2013 in the UK on a work Visa. When this ran out I returned to India and then fled back to the UK on a tourist visa from June 28th until now.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Do you have any chance of getting a further work permit?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No Im afraid not but I have a visitor visa for 6 months. I have not much money so can I confirm I am not paying 39 pounds for every question I ask. Sorry about this

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Do not worry - this is all one question!
can you issue proceedings in India while you are here?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know that is what I was hoping to find out. It would be so much safer for me.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
There is no action you can take under UK law as you are neither domiciled nor resident here
I can try and transfer you to the International law section if you wish
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please many thanks Claire

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still require help.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.
New Expert here.

Yes, you can file a divorce petition from outside India if you have an attorney there. May I ask where in India your spouse is located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My spouse lives in Pune, Maharashtra.

Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.
There are divorce lawyers in Pune listed at
http://www.hg.org/law-firms/divorce/india/pune.html

The Experts here can not represent you, but I hope this informtion is helpful.