How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T.DePas Your Own Question
T.DePas, Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
Type Your European Law Question Here...
T.DePas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi,i came to america in 1992 and became an american citizen

Customer Question

hi,i came to america in 1992 and became an american citizen can you help me to get a lawyer to help me with getting my dual citezenchip in belguim i dont know where to start i was born in belguim and live in plantation florida thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

If you were born in Belgium, why wouldn't you still be a citizen of Belgium? Does Belgium law require you to lose if it you obtain U.S. Citizenship?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i became american citizen belguim didnt had dual citezenchip yet,they just started this 5 or 6 years ago

Expert:  GSenmartin replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Then I need to transfer your question to our European Law forum so someone can help you there.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. Your question has been moved to our European Law category. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Expert:  T.DePas replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Here there are the contacts of experienced nationality lawyers in Belgium:

Pascal Vanwelde

Maia Grinberg

Vanessa Sedziejewski

NGO Objectif asbl (Guide to Belgian nationality)

They also provide a free advice helpline:

I hope this answers your question. If you are happy with my answer please do not hesitate to rate it positively otherwise I do not get compensation for my time. I will then be available to answer all your follow-up questions.

A bonus is very much appreciated.



Related European Law Questions