José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

a friend of mine was arrested with his brother. i dont know

a friend of mine was arrested with his brother. i don't know what exactly has happened, but his brother was aggressive, violent and it also involved an escort. the escort is the one who told the police about it. the friend of mine is a minor, he witnessed it all but he did not stop it. now they are spending the night at police station and have a court case tomorrow. each one of them has their own court case, they are at the same time but in two different cities. i was just wondering, what can happen to my friend, if he is a minor and all he did wrong was do nothing? and why are the court cases in two different cities?
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

I am an spanish attorney

Abogado3044 :

They will have different cases even for the same facts as one of them is a minor

Abogado3044 :

Minors have their owns courts

Abogado3044 :

They will be provided with a free attorney if they can no pay one and in several hours they will be free with or without charges

Abogado3044 :

It they do not make a seriuos criminal fact they will be free in this morning.

Abogado3044 :

If you tell me mre about he facts i will be able to tell what riskes they have

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

the thing is, as i know the brother was violent and aggressive

Customer:

i don't know exactly what happened

Customer:

but my friend would send me messages saying that he is traumatized

Customer:

that he will never be bake to think straight or sleep good again and that he is ashamed for his name

Abogado3044 :

Well, for sure they have now an attorney. You could try to get which attorney they have calling the police station or the Colegio de Abogados of the province they are

Customer:

also i know that the brother, the one that committed some kind of crime might go to jail for 4 years

Abogado3044 :

Here in Spain?

Customer:

yes, in ibiza

Abogado3044 :

Its a bad situation, because he could go to jail

Abogado3044 :

I hope the things are no so bad...

Customer:

all i want to know, what can my friend get as he is just a witness who did not stop the action

Customer:

and he is a minor

Abogado3044 :

Try to contact the attorney, will be the best

Customer:

like, could he go to jail for minors or something like that?

Abogado3044 :

Its possible, we have to know the antecedents

Abogado3044 :

But no jail if minor

Customer:

but there are special prisons or centers for minors no?

Abogado3044 :

yes

Abogado3044 :

Its not the regular jail, its an spacial place for minors

Abogado3044 :

special

Abogado3044 :

Minors do not go to jail, they are in places specially for they

Customer:

but isn't it a bit too harsh to send a minor to a special place for minors if they were just a witness who was too shocked to do anything?

Abogado3044 :

Well, he will go it the judge says so, if he is just a witness of course not

Abogado3044 :

If he is in the police station now he will be sending to the minor court in this morning

Abogado3044 :

And probably the court let him go

Customer:

if the lawyer argues that he was too traumatized or too shocked to perform any action in order to stop what he was seeing then the judge can let him go ?

Customer:

and plus just in general, witnesses most of the time choose to stay out of what they see

Abogado3044 :

Yes, but its not the time now. The minor will be sending to the court, he will declare with the help of his attorney, and the most probably situation is that the judge let him go

Abogado3044 :

If it has not been an special crime, he could go

Customer:

what is considered to be a special crime?

Abogado3044 :

Crimes with a jail penalty I mean. We had to know the charges againts him to know what could do the judge

Abogado3044 :

Do you know about the facts?

Customer:

all i know, is that his brother might go to jail

Abogado3044 :

Its not enought to know, but I think that the judge let him go

Abogado3044 :

They ussually does if they do not have charges for crimes againts the minors

Abogado3044 :

Please do not forget to rate positivly my service

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney