José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

I am holding Schengen student visa issue by Italy Consulate.

I am holding Schengen student visa issue by Italy Consulate. The expire date of my visa is August 15, 2013. And the duration of stay permitted is 50 days. I entered Italy on June 15th and would like to leave Schengen Area from Berlin Germany on August 10th. This will extend the max duation of stayed. Can I apply for an extension? I would really love to stay until 10th. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some help. Thank you very much.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi there

Abogado3044 :

You could ask for a extra time of your visa in the closer police station where the place you stay

Abogado3044 :

They will ask you to justify the reason because you need to stay, you can demostarte that you have check in a new study ( may to be official)

Abogado3044 :

I mean that you can demand the extension of the visa but you will need to demostarte why you do need it

Abogado3044 :

I will be here if needed, please write your dobts and I will answer them asap

Abogado3044 :

Than you

Customer :

I am now stay in Perugia, Italy. My visa type is C, student. Do you mean that I have to go to police station in Perugia to apply for a extension of stay?

Abogado3044 :

Yes

Abogado3044 :

It is what has to be done

Customer :

I need to travel to Germany because of my best friend's grandfather's birthday. He wants to see me a lot. I have already booked a ticket back to HK. What documents do I need for the application of extension?

Customer :

Plus, since I need the passport for travel for next week. Do I need to leave my passport there during the application period? If so, that would be very inconvenient.

Abogado3044 :

The problem its that you hold as student visa and you will need to probe why you need to stay

Abogado3044 :

It has to be done for students reasons

Customer :

OK

Abogado3044 :

Please do not forget to rate positivly my service if you got no more doubts

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Customer :

The type on my visa is C, and there is a 'studio" on the under part? Does it mean that this is a student visa?

Customer :

So it is possible for me to extend but the only problem is that I should convince them with an academic reason?

Abogado3044 :

No, C type is short time, its better for you

Abogado3044 :

Because you will no need to probe students reasons

Abogado3044 :

Its better

Customer :

oh, good~

Abogado3044 :

C Type is short time visa

Abogado3044 :

No student visa

Customer :

then I will just have to go to the police station to say that I need to apply for extension. Show them the ticket of return. Do you think that will do?

Abogado3044 :

Yes, you will need to ask for it, explain the reason, and probe medical insurance and money for the stay

Customer :

ok. thank you very much

Abogado3044 :

So they will study to let you, its almost sure they do

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Customer :

I will definitely give you the excellent ~ thanks a lot

Abogado3044 :

Thank you and luck

Abogado3044 :

Enjoy Europe up

Abogado3044 :

have a good day

Abogado3044 :

You could make the rate in the icons you will see

Abogado3044 :

Bye, see you

Abogado3044 :

I will be on line if needed

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Dear sir, i went to the police station in Perugia, Italy today and they told me that my visa cannot be extended and it's against Italian law or something. I am holding the type C Schengen visa and i just want to extend the duration of stay for 10 more days. I will leave Schengen area before the day my visa expires. Could you give me some suggestions? How can I do that?

Expert:  José M. replied 12 months ago.

http://www.eeas.europa.eu/delegations/armenia/eu_travel/visa/#a11

11. Can I extend the visa in Europe?

A Type "C" Schengen short-stay visa can only be extended in Europe in exceptional circumstances. The extension may never exceed the maximum duration of a Type "C" visa (three months in a six-month period).

If a national from Ukraine finds that he or she is unable to leave the territory of the Member State by the date indicated on their visa for reasons of force majeure, the term of their visa shall be extended free of charge in accordance with the legislation applied by the receiving State for the period required for their return to their state of residence (see point I.7.).

Ask for a extra time, once you do it you are legal.

As long as they do not have time to reject it on time ( ten days) you will be legal this time

Once we probe the circunstances because we need to extend it it could be extended as I told you