Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)
46873171

Schengen Visa

Customer Question

Is there a way to get a Schengen visa without waiting two months for an appointment with a State Member. I've booked and paid in full a flight and a Cruise already to depart on July 17. I'm traveling with wife and kids. they're all American Citizens except me. I'm Peruvian and a legal resident of USA.

Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

The law says you must ask for the visa 3 months before your travel

Abogado3044 :

That it is because they have give you a date 2 months later

Abogado3044 :

The last chance its to ask for it once you have cross the border but it is risky, first because the airline could deny you to travel with the visa and in the second place they could deny the entrance in the border

Abogado3044 :

Sorry for the bad news

Expert:  Thegonnec replied 3 years ago.
I concur to the explanations given by the learned Spanish expert. Yet I must stress that you really must not attempt to travel to Italy without a visa. Should the airline let you board, which is unlikely if they do their job correctly, you face detention and repatriation upon arrival which can be a costly as well as a traumatizing experience.