Fran-mod
Fran-mod,
29631281

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

HOW DO THE SPANISH TAX AUTHORITIES WORK OUT THE EXCHANGE RATE BETWEEN STERLING AND EURO FOR INCOME TAX PURPOSES?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I have not found the answer to my question. I would like the assistance of the professionals.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know as my accountant used the rate of 1.171 Euros to the pound to calculate my pensionable tax, which is paid in Sterling to a British bank.

I have been told that they should have used the figure 1.13 which means I would have paid LESS tax. The 1.171 figure was at the 31st December but I was told it should be an average of the whole year, or, the figurew set by the Spainish Government less 10cents per Euro to cover any charges incured. I need this answer by tomorrow as I have a meeting with them in the morning.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

This is a Spanish tax question rather than a legal question, and we have no Spanish tax professionals on this site. The Spanish legal experts may or may not deal with issues such as this one in their practices.

If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the Spanish version of our site, www.justanswer.es where your question would be made available to professionals who work in Spain on the Spanish version of our site. You may be able to get an answer faster on the Spanish version of Pearl.com.

If you are not fluent in Spanish you can still give the Spanish version of the site a try by using Google's Chrome browser. Google Chrome will automatically translate web pages for you. You can download the Google Chrome browser here for free:

http://www.google.com/chrome

You will need to place a new deposit on the Spanish site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the US site by following this link or by asking me:

http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund.aspx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like a refund, please. I need this question answered by tomorrow morning and it will not happen. I will try the Spanish site if I do not get a satifactory answer from my accountnat.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I did not get any kind of answer, after waiting two days, I would like a refund of my money.

Thank you.